Monday, February 1, 2010

To my dearest Erin


I owe this to you . How strangely we met , how strange our first conversation was and how often have we come to talk ! I remember almost every one of those weird conversations ... some bordering on the insane ,some more practical , some comforting and some even inspirational ... but above all ...all of them fun filled. Let me state it outright , that even though we have hardly seen each other a couple of times , i consider you to be one of my closest and dearest friends ... whose advice i have come to depend upon and whose smile has made me smile ... and given me a reason to smile when i had none ...you have been the one who has taught me to be happy ... appreciate life ... and take all challenges which life can possibly throw my way in my stride.
Your childish craziness has been infectious ,your words ,smile and charm have uplifted me through the darkest of emotions ...and your unbridled enthusiasm has given my soul wings to fly ....and my heart a bond to cherish. Your advice and practicality have tempered my emotions when i have felt disgruntled with society and life in general.You have made me feel wanted.U have made me into a better person and for that am i forever indebted. You saw me when i was invisible... and for that am i forever indebted.
The ways of the world are strange and we have proved that we can be stranger still.We may never meet ...and I may not never be there by your side ..to hold your hand when you cry , and I may not be there to laugh with you in your moments of joy ..which i am certain life will shower upon you and God bless you with blessings manifold, but i will always be there with you in spirit ......with all my heart and with all my soul .
I do not know the destination of this friendship.... bonds are brittle and that makes me skeptical and insecure.... but what i do know...what i am in no doubt with whatsoever ...is that i am a better person ... a stronger entity ...a more wholesome individual ...a more dignified man ... a more loving,caring and gentler angry young man ... than i was before i met you ... and its all because of you ...every fiber of my being screams out its allegiance to you for making me a better man . For you , your wisdom , friendship and the hours that you have dedicated to me.... i can this day stand up and say ...truly ... Life is beautiful.
Maybe its the strangeness and randomness of this friendship that makes write this in honour of you....It takes years to know a person .... As time goes by... i may know more of you .... but i am in awe of the idea of you....of your personality.....your strength ,wisdom and beauty which is there for all to behold ...and the lucky ones like me to appreciate... and this idea of you is everlasting.One that the tides of time can never wash away.
Mere words are insufficient to repay the debt i owe you...and to quantify my feelings for you ...Maybe if one day i can do justice to the trust that you have shown in me ... i would do justice to myself and you ... And all i can say for now .... is thanks for being my inspiration , for putting a smile on my face and renewing the hope in my heart ... the hope i had when i was a child ... thinking that the world was an exciting place and Life a beautiful gift ...You have rekindled that hope Erin...and i will never let my heart lose that again. You and your idea will inspire me...will protect me .. Erin with this i depart.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

very well expressed anindyo........a male heart has spoken out so sweetly....which is rare.n a compassionate person like u could feel the significance of having one frnd who's so precious.....if u have really transformed as an individual, do spread the infection of positivity to your surroundings that this friend of yours has passed on to you so well!!!!!

Unknown said...

splendid art of writing...

SUTIRTHA said...

u r lucky mate to have such an inspiring friend.
though used innumerable times the only phrase that is apt is :
"FEW RELATIONS IN EARTH NEVER DIE"(FRIEND)
A true friend is rare and u r fortunate enugh to have one..hold on to him/her to the best of ur ability
excellnt post.....simple yet deep in thought
lastly kudos for remembering ur friend

Preetha said...

Excellent usage of words.. Probably the best from you so far.. And you reserved it for "Friendship" which makes it even better.. May many more people be inspired by you, your friend and your post..

Unknown said...

thought of writing something like this some day, but could not have written it the way you have.....bravo..:)

Unknown said...

Wonderfully expressed. I liked it.